Get ready to apply for 2015 health coverage
Open Enrollment for 2015 coverage starts November 15, 2014. Until then, you can get ready by learning about the Marketplace, seeing if you may qualify for savings, downloading an application checklist, and more. Plans and estimated prices for 2015 coverage will be available in early November.
Applying for coverage Important. Before November 15, 2014, you can enroll in a Marketplace health plan only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Any plan you enroll in before November 15, 2014 ends December 31, 2014. Find out if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period or view plans and prices for coverage ending December 31, 2014.
If you know you qualify for a Special Enrollment period, you can create an account and apply right now.
You can apply for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time. Learn how to apply through your state agency by visiting our Medicaid page and choosing your state. You can also apply by filling out a Marketplace application. If you want to do that, find out if you may qualify and start an application.
To apply for 2015 coverage, come back on or after November 15, 2014. The deadline for enrolling in 2015 coverage is February 15, 2015.
• Need a general overview of the Marketplace? Start with our quick guide to the Marketplace and we’ll lay out your next steps.
• Wondering if you qualify for savings on a Marketplace health insurance plan or Medicaid? Check out the quick chart, which shows income ranges that qualify for savings in 2015.
• Want to get timely email and text message reminders and important Marketplace information? We’ll let you know as soon as 2015 plans and prices are available. Sign up for Marketplace emails.
• Want to get ready to fill out your application starting November 15? Use this checklist to gather the documents you’ll need to apply (PDF).
• Have questions about 2015 coverage? Plans and prices will be available soon. If you have questions in the meantime, contact the Marketplace Call Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.