HCSO Annual reporting Form (Deadline is May 1, 2017)
HCSO Annual reporting Form
Deadline is May 1, 2017
All employers covered by the Health Care Security Ordinance (HCSO) are required to submit the 2016 Annual Reporting Form by May 1, 2017. Covered employers who fail to submit the Annual Reporting Form will be subject to a $500 penalty for each quarter that the violation occurred. An employer is covered by the HCSO for any calendar quarter if it meets the following three conditions:
- Employs one or more workers within the geographic boundaries of the City and County of San Francisco;
- Is required to obtain a valid San Francisco business registration certificate pursuant to Article 12 of the Business and Tax Regulations Code, AND
- Is a for-profit business with 20 or more persons performing work OR a nonprofit organization with 50 or more persons performing work. This includes all persons working for the entity, regardless of whether they are located in San Francisco or outside the city.
Resources for completing the 2016 Annual Reporting Form (due by May 1, 2017) or to learn more about HCSO, are provided below:
- Health Care Security Ordinance
- 2016 Annual Reporting Form
- 2016 Annual Reporting Form Instructions
- HCSO Official 2017 Notice – Posting Required
If you would like to notify your clients of the impending deadline, simply copy the details within this email to create your own message. If you have any questions about HCSO compliance or reporting for 2016, please contact the Office of Labor Standards Enforcement (OLSE) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.554.7892.