IRS ISSUES LIMITED TRANSITION RELIEF FROM ACA PENALTIES
The IRS recently released Notice 2015-17 regarding penalties for employer payments for an individual health insurance policy for an employee.
In addition, the notice also addresses the following:
• Transition Relief for Small Employers from the Code §980D Excise Tax.
• Treatment of S corporation healthcare arrangements for 2-percent shareholder employees.
• Integration of Medicare premium reimbursement arrangement and TRICARE-related HRA with a group health plan.
• Increases in employee compensation to assist with payments of individual market coverage.
• Treatment of an employer payment plan as taxable compensation.
Read the entire notice here: IRS Notice 2015-17